Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oh Slutty Me by Jade Lee/Kathy Lyons

I am a conference slut. Yup, that's me. If an event has readers and writers, I want to be there. I'm one of those rare creatures: an author extrovert. As a kid, "class clown" was one of the nicer labels applied to me. As an adult, I want to be where the people are. And if it's not a party, I will do everything I can to make it one. Drinks -- yup. Goofy antics? Count on me. Funny anecdotes? I've got a million.

When I was asked if I wanted to attend Hot Mojave Knights, I said, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! It was only later that I managed to justify the business expense. After all, I have books to promote! New fans to connect with! And let's not forget the Chippendales party--which is now Hunk Mansion--but as long as it's got hot men dancing, I want to attend!

So fair warning! If you find me at an event, prepare to par-tay! Or just sit around talking books! (Can I have a fruity rum drink while we do it?) Tell me about your favs, and I'll tell you mine! (Elizabeth Hoyt just fined me for too many exclamation points. *everyone's a critic*)

Okay, this is a blog and I'm supposed to tell you about my books. Most people know me as Jade Lee who writes SEXY historical romances. [cover of Wedded in Sin pix] Wedded in Sin is up for a RITA award! Here's that book in a nutshell: I fell in love with Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock. (Not as Kahn!).

Watching it, I thought, “I have to write a love story for this man!” I just wanted to see him knocked on his butt by love. So I moved him to the Regency era, named him Samuel Morrison, and proceeded to completely confuse him with love. Talk about fun! Check it out here: http://jadeleeauthor.com/books/bridal-favors-series/wedded-in-sin

My other book right now is a contemporary by Kathy Lyons. Dream Nights with the CEO. Imagine a boss/assistant who start sharing erotic dreams. Isn't that always the way? You go to sleep one night, then start having hot dreams about your boss. Turns out he's having the same dream about his amazing secretary.

Okay, so it's possible that has never happened to me, but here's why you might care: this book is the funniest thing I've ever written. I knew the shared dreams would be hot (that was the premise of the book), but I had no idea it would be so funny. Since the hero has a comic book obsession, the dreams started taking on an unmask-the-superhero tone. And wow, was that funny. Don't believe me? Check out the excerpt here: http://kathylyons.com/dreamnightsceo.html

Okay, that's it for me today. I've run out of room. But never fear, I'll come back in a couple months to say hi again. And I can't wait to hang with you in Vegas! WOO HOO!

Jade Lee/Kathy Lyons

All about Jade Lee/Kathy Lyons


KATHY LYONS writes light, funny, sexy stories for Harlequin Blaze.  She loves the faster pace of category books and that her humor can shine through.

She leaves the dark, tortured love stories to her alter ego, Jade Lee.

www.JadeLeeAuthor.com / www.KathyLyons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment